Spring has finally arrived and maybe, like me, you’ve been hauled through winter and still feel slightly shell shocked. My motivation to sew has been low and I am very much of the opinion that a hobby is something to be enjoyed and not to feel guilty about! I have enjoyed other outlets for a little creativity…I love to take photographs and I have been switching around things in our house – clearing out to allow a more simple and clean aesthetic which in turn, I always think encourages more creativity anyway!!
To inspire me I love looking at the fabric I’ve got and browsing through haberdashery stores online…check out the beautiful ribbons and linens from Silk & Willow; enough to inspire you on any afternoon!!
Here are some ideas for Springtime sewing projects…
* Our dog chewed our peg bag so I’m going to sew up a new one!
* Some hair accessories for you or your little ones.
* A lavender hanging heart to add a bit of scent to those rooms you’ve cleared out!
* A little messenger bag for your little one’s to carry all their bits and bobs in on those days out you have planned…I have plans to sew myself a linen version.
* If that scares you then a simple drawstring bag made out of some vintage fabric or a patterned Liberty fabric would look gorgeous and do the same job!
I’d love to hear any other ideas you have…any Spring projects?
In the meantime, enjoy these longer Spring days!