I’ve been a little quiet over here for the last couple of weeks. The combination of work, children, keeping house and posting here have been a bit of an overload so I decided to take a bit of a break. A new balance will work itself out I’m sure and there will always be seasons of mayhem and those of calm…it’s just trying to prioritise what has value and what can be shelved so that the wheels don’t come off!!
So here’s a bit of life lately…
* I’ve been enjoying seeing wee glimpses of spring…my hyacinths which have finally popped up and snowdrops and crocuses pushing through the grass.
* I’m a meal planner (mainly because I don’t really enjoy cooking – I love baking but deciding on family meals each night is not my strong point)! I’ve decided to be a bit more creative and so have been flicking through my recipe books rather than always resorting to Pinterest! It’s been nice to linger over a cup of coffee and flick through the pages. Whether we get any new meals out of it is another question altogether -it’s been an enjoyable Sunday ritual even if not!
* I’ve been trying to work out the whole keeping house thing…I’m a bit guilty of being a tidy-er and cleaning the daily things of life but am not good at the whole ‘deep clean’!! Am I the only one or is everyone else on top of things?? – hoping not!!! Anyway, I’ve ordered this book to try and get myself motivated. I’ll let you know!
* We’ve been trying to paint and get a lot of jobs done that we’ve never quite got round to…I’ve been on the hunt for bedding and have fallen involve with linen bedding. Reckon this set from h&m could be an affordable option.
* Am trying to read in bed rather than flick through the web – I finished ‘Anything‘ by Jennie Allen (which is brilliant) and am now on an easy read I got for Christmas; he’s still a favourite -John Grisham’s ‘Rogue Lawyer‘.
Hope you’ve survived January and are enjoying glimpses of spring!